Lanamark Snap displays "Unable to discover IP / hostname" error during endpoint discovery:
Lanamark Snap will collect data only from VMware vCenter/ESXi hosts which it can discover. Below are the steps on how to isolate connectivity issue between Lanamark Snap and VMware endpoints.
- Ensure telnet is installed on Lanamark Snap server by running in PowerShell: Install-WindowsFeature -name Telnet-Client
- In either command line or PowerShell run: telnet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 443 where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the IP address of VMware vCenter and 443 is the port configured. If you are unsure what port is being used:
- In the vSphere Web Client, navigate to the vCenter Server instance.
- Select the Manage tab.
- Under Settings, select General.
- Click Edit.
- Select Ports. The ports used by the Web service are displayed.
- Examine the output of the command run and compare with the outputs below:
4. For more information refer to Lanamark Snap Data Collection Guide, page 3.